Connecting healthcare stakeholders to bring clarity to molecular diagnostic testing
Advanced diagnostics are evolving rapidly and the dramatic growth the industry has seen is expected to continue. In fact, the global market is expected to grow at a compound annual rate of 11% through 2019, generating an estimated $8.7 billion in revenue by 20191. This industry growth is fueled by the excitement of personalized medicine and the many new laboratory developed tests brought to the market regularly. While the industry growth brings innovation and opportunities, the lack of transparency of molecular diagnostic (MDx) tests can create inefficiencies and confusion across the healthcare system.
Change Healthcare brings the clarity needed to the molecular diagnostic test industry by uniquely identifying and cataloging MDx tests using DEX Z-Code™ Identifiers – Change Healthcare’s unique and proprietary 5-character alpha-numeric codes assigned within the DEX Diagnostics Exchange. The DEX Diagnostics Exchange is a molecular diagnostic (MDx) test catalog and policy management solution connecting payers and laboratories to drive appropriate MDx coverage and payments.
The DEX Diagnostics Exchange enables:
- Unique identification of molecular diagnostic (MDx) tests
- Transparent policy determinations
- Access to InterQual® Clinical Evidence Summaries
- Simplified claims processing for all stakeholders
1. “Global Molecular Diagnostics Market Expected to Reach USD 8.7 Billion through 2019: Transparency Market Research”; April 15, 2014.